1. Which city did you visit during your first visit abroad?
Doha (Abu Dhabi airport doesn’t count?)
2. What was your first impression of it?
Brown.Sandy. Dusty. Depressing.
3. Your most favourite mode of transportation, and your least?
Favourite if I am driving is the car, if I am being driven (so to speak) then aeroplane. Least favourite, public buses. Hate it!
4. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
5. Good or bad, what memory from your childhood stands out the most in your mind?
Walking (later cycling) to Easwari library in the evening on the last day of school, and spending hours browsing and piling my basket with books. Bliss. Heaven.
6. Do you like soft pillows or firm ones?
I like a firm one on the bottom, and a soft on on top of it. I use 2 for my head. Then a nice long soft body pillow to wrap.
7. Did you like school?
Yes. By and large.
8. What would you tell your least favourite teacher, if you were to meet him/her now?
I sucked at the subject because you didn’t know how to teach it!
9. Do you like your name? If not, what name would you give yourself?
Hated it growing up. Love it now.
10. Your opinion of fund-raising balls/parties/dinners organised for/by celebrities
Depends on the cause. And publicity helps in getting the message across. It helped with HIV/AIDS, it helped with Breast Cancer awareness.
11. Got any advice for me? 🙂
Losing every now and then is not only humbling, but helps you up your game. So, do lose at Scrabble 🙂
Now for KiwiLakhs:
1. Who is the guy who makes you go ‘what a hunk’ today?
Slightly blank. But an associate’s husband made me go ‘what a hunk last week. In his 50s, and Connery meets Nicholson kind of looks! sigh.
2. The last book you read completely?
Tina Fey’s Bossypants
3. Will Akhilesh Yadav make or break UP?
From what I hear, might be better than the other jokers.
4. What comes to mind when I say NZ?
Cricket. And Crowe.
5. It’s just not done to talk in Tamil in all the happening’ places in Chennai nowdays. Cool or uncool? And why?
Uncool. So uncool. And I do.
6. Would you ever go back to live permanently in India? Why/why not?
Not sure. I might have to, but not sure if it will be out of choice.
7. Do you believe in global warming? It is just part of the Earth’s routine cycle of climate change or is it man made?
I believe that we are living in a very unsustainable fashion.
8. If you think it would make a difference to global warming, would you turn vegan?
No. Can’t live without my thayir sadham.
9. What would you spend on a million bucks on, without regretting it?
10. What is your favourite perfume?
Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door. And seem to like Guerlain’s Idylle too of late.
11. What is the one thing that always makes you happy?
Being left alone at home or in my room, with a book I am lost in. Honestly, nothing makes me happier. Hmm, and probably watching my daughter getting lost in a book in the most crowded of places, and laughing out loud totally oblivious to the people around her.